Degrees & Certifications
Select all that apply.
BEING A BODYSHRED MASTER TRAINER
Please provide a minimum of two fitness instructor references who personally know you we can contact. Include first and last name, phone number with area code, and email address for each reference.
Please provide a minimum of two fitness industry relationships (e.g., GFM, etc.) we can contact for a reference. Include first and last name, position, phone number with area code, and email address for each reference.
All video must be submitted ONLINE. Only online applications will be accepted. We do not accept DVD’s or hard copies of video. Please upload your video below or on Youtube and change the setting to UNLISTED. Once you have finished uploading, copy and paste the video link in the field below.
Part 1: Your Teaching Skill
Purpose: We want to see you teach 1 CIRCUIT BLOCK of BODYSHRED.
What to Do:
- Introduce yourself and BODYSHRED: Explain about the Circuit Block, what you are about to do, the Format and Intensity
- Teach ONE Level 2 Circuit Block that you have created yourself from the Exercise Menu (you do not need to demonstrate the warm-up, please prepare yourself)
- We will be evaluating the following:
- Form and alignment
- Cueing the 10-second Preview, both verbal and demonstration
- Use of BODYSHRED Language
- Coaching style
- Exercise Selection
- Make sure you set up your camera so we can see your face and your full body, head to toe. Mobile phone is fine, as long as we can see you.
- Upload to YouTube as either a public or unlisted video. Please, no “private” submissions due to difficulty in viewing. If you do not want your video public, simply save it as “unlisted”. You will then supply a LINK for us to consider your video submission.
- When saving the video, do not use the words BODYSHRED.
Part 2: Lecture Abilities
Purpose: A big part of the BODYSHRED workshop is to accurately deliver the science. We need to see your lecture style and how you can take difficult concepts and make them applicable to the instructors so they can teach BODYSHRED with confidence.
What to Do: Choose 5 of the following topics to expand on and present the information as if you were in a workshop. You may use your manual in lieu of a powerpoint. Use the same Upload to YouTube format as requested for your movement video. Remember, list as either a public or unlisted video and supply us with a link for viewing. Please, no “private” submissions due to difficulty in viewing. If you do not want your video public, simply save it as “unlisted”. When saving the video, do not use the words BODYSHRED.
What is Metabolic Circuit Training?
What is BODYSHRED considered metabolic?
What is BODYSHRED?
What is HIIT and how is it utilized in BODYSHRED?
What is Formatted Freestyle?
Describe the Voltage Intensity Scale and how it relates to the workout?
What is Peripheral Heart Action and how does it differ from circuit training?
Describe the 10-second preview, how to teach it, how to use it
What is the Movement Continuum?
What does Movement Possibilities mean?
What is Utilize the position?
Describe the BODYSHRED Circuit Block Class Structure?
What is a Merger?
How are the Factors of Change utilized in the different BODYSHRED Levels?
What is a Shredder?
What is core training; describe what Core-centric means in BODYSHRED?
What are the 3 instructor Motivational coaching tools in BODYSHRED?
How do you use the Circuit Blocks and Mix ‘n Match Segments in creating class choreography?
Thank you for applying to be a Jillian Michaels BODYSHRED Master Trainer.